ESET releases ESET Mobile Security Business Edition for Windows Mobile and Symbian. The Business Edition of ESET Mobile Security shares the functions of the current ESET Mobile Security, while adding functionality to remotely manage through ESET Remote Administrator 4. With ESET Mobile Security, users on the go will be provided with reliable and tested data security with proactive protection against emerging threats.
ESET Mobile Security Business Edition is ESET‘s advanced security solution for the most popular smartphone operating system: Symbian, which according to Gartner accounted for 37.6 percent market share in 2010. Furthermore, it can be used by businesses on the Windows Mobile platform.
“Protection of mobile devices is increasingly important for both consumers and businesses alike. ESET Mobile Security Business Edition provides a powerful security solution for the most widely used platform, Symbian. It is also built for smartphones and pocket PCs running Windows Mobile,” says Peter Vrana, ESET’s Senior Product Manager for Business Security. Peter Vrana adds: “There are many rogue applications out there, some of them even include spyware targeting businesses. Our ultimate goal is to protect our customers from both privacy invasion and costly data losses. ESET Mobile Security Business Edition delivers on that objective.”
ESET Mobile Security Business Edition is available in the following languages: English, Czech, Slovak, German, Spanish, French, Turkish, Polish, Russian, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
ESET Mobile Security Business Edition Key Features:
- Remote Administration Support — ESET Mobile Security Business Edition can be managed via ESET Remote Administrator 4. This brings many advantages especially in a business environment, where administrators can now send and receive the configuration from the mobile client, perform On-Access or On-Demand Scans, conduct a Security Audit, adjust Firewall settings and Spam Filter logs or set update schedule according to preference. In addition, administrators can gather and change the configuration of the mobile client, send a message via the ESET Remote Administrator 4 Console and remotely update the virus database if necessary.
- Anti-Theft — Prevent unauthorized access to data in the event the device is lost or stolen.
- Remote Wipe — Delete all sensitive data using a simple SMS command (contacts, messages and removable memory media) in the event the device is compromised and stolen.
- SIM Matching — Define a list of trusted SIM cards and receive notification of an unauthorized SIM inserted into a compromised device, including the card’s telephone number, IMSI and IMEI.
- Password Protection — Safeguard mobile devices against unauthorized uninstallation or modification of security software that weakens your security posture.
- Security Audit — Schedule regular diagnostics of all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth and device visibility. Intuitive risk indicators provide actionable information to remediate security risks.
- SMS and MMS Antispam — Define trustworthy contacts via customizable black, whitelist or simply block unknown numbers.
- Firewall — Monitor all incoming and outgoing communications with a customizable rule-based filter.
Additionaly, ESET Mobile Security brings the following benefits to users on the go:
- Proactive Detection — The optimized heuristics of the ESET scanning engine ensures protection from current and emerging threats.
- Quarantine — An option either to delete threats right away or isolate them, with the restore feature.
- Broad Scanning Options — Scanning and cleaning of the device’s integral memory as well as removable memory cards. It is also possible to check memory running processes. All files incoming or leaving via wireless connections are scanned for infiltrations.
- Automatic Virus Database Updates — Provides protection against the most current mobile security threats. The user can schedule the delivery of updates on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.