ESET has released an e-book that will help small and medium-sized businesses understand today’s threat landscape, find measures to protect themselves and minimize the impact of a data breach.
Although data breaches and cyberattacks aren’t new, many of the techniques and
tactics used by modern cybercriminals are – and they’re particularly well-suited to the
target-rich environment of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
In this e-book you will learn about the security technologies, tools, and processes that you need to help improve the ability of your company to protect its data and IT resources, and effectively minimize the impact of a data breach.
The e-book can be freely downloaded and shared from the following link:
Data Protection for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses consists of six short chapters:
- Cyberattacks and trends, the regulatory landscape, and the business impact of a breach
- How to evaluate different data protection technologies, deployment options,
and service models
- The risk assessment process: identifying your assets, analyzing threats,
and assessing vulnerabilities
- Different data protection technologies, such as encryption, endpoint protection,
firewalls, and more
- Important organizational and process controls that are necessary to ensure effective data protection
- Ten keys to effective data protection for small and medium-sized businesses
- At the end of the book is a glossary to help you quickly decode any unfamiliar
acronyms or terms.